[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Odd critter stories

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed May 15 13:33:01 PDT 2002

That's almost as good as what happened near here a few years back.  The Park
Service was getting ready to release a bald eagle that they had nursed back
to health...and, in a publicity move, had asked President Clinton to do the
honors.  So, with the appropriate fanfare, Mr. Clinton showed up, as did the
eagle, and he released the bird down on the Patuxent River, not too far from
where we live.  Unfortunately, they didn't do their homework.  Turns out
that the area was the hunting preserve for a couple of osprey...who took
exception to any eagle, even one released by the Pres would trespass.  After
several embarassed minutes, during which the eagle took quite a beating from
the osprey, he was recaptured, and I believe they released him later in a
diffferent area!!

Kiri