[Sca-cooks] Sourdough Starter Question

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Wed May 15 16:45:14 PDT 2002

At 04:13 PM 5/15/02,AnnaMarie said something like:
>I've just found an interesting web site that sells sourdough starter from
>all over the world.  It's at www.sourdo.com
>
>Has anyone on the list ordered or used these?  Any feedback welcome.
>
>Kristianne
>Wolf Song Day Spa & Herb Shop

Buying their sourdough would work to get you started, but no matter what
you do, over time that starter will change from what they sell you to
whatever your local organisms are. (Maybe you could keep it with the
original by constantly refreshing it, but there will still be some drift
over time).

Regards,
Maggie MacD.