[Sca-cooks] From my recipe file (OT)

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed May 15 17:33:02 PDT 2002

Patrick McKinnion <patgund at earthlink.net> wrote:
>     Apology for this not being quite period, but this just got added to my
>weird recipes collection:
>
>Meat-Milk Shake
>
>1 cup milk, chilled
>1/2 can Gerber's Strained Meat (Beef, Veal, or Liver)
>Salt to taste, or in keeping with diet
SNIP

When i was married, my ex-husband had a tooth pulled and couldn't eat
any solids for a while. This was in Indonesia.

We had an ex-pat friend who had a blender, so when we went to her
house for dinner (she was with the World Bank, so she didn't do the
cooking, her Indonesian maid did), i put his serving of each dish in
the blender.

There was the spicy meat, pureed; the spicy vegetables, pureed; etc.
Not quite a meat milk shake, but a far cry from baby food...

Anahita