[Sca-cooks] Quince Paste

phoenissa at netscape.net phoenissa at netscape.net
Thu May 16 12:58:40 PDT 2002

Marian <Marian at TheRosenbergFamilies.Net> wrote:

>  Do you have any suggestions of what can be done with your
>quince paste other than putting it on bread with some butter?
>We still have half of a (small) zip loc baggy from Pennsic 29.
>
>-M

In Spain, quince paste (membrillo) is served on top of slices of a nutty, mild sheep's-milk cheese called Manchego.  It is totally excellent.  Perhaps not a period solution, but cetainly a delicious one. :-)  (Any shop with a good selection of imported cheeses should carry Manchego - probably not too difficult to find.)

Vittoria