[Sca-cooks] Fish Newtons

Rob Downie rdownie at icenter.net
Thu May 16 15:27:45 PDT 2002

We've been baking assorted period cookies for a big demo we're doing this
weekend.  One of the more interesting recipes is for "fritters in the shape of
fish" from Epilario(which I found in the florilegium), where the dough gets a
filling.  We had a work crew pumping them out on Tuesday (often accompanied by
the strains of "fish heads, fish heads..) and one of our volunters proclaimed
- Hey! We're making Fish Newtons!

We got pretty silly as the evening wore on... as we thanked the exiting work
crew at the end of the night, we told them "so long and thanks for all the
fish".

Faerisa