[Sca-cooks] Tapioca

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu May 16 17:28:10 PDT 2002

Maybe i just like little tiny spherical things, but i've loved caviar
ever since i was a kid (say, around 5) and my parents served it to
grown-ups at parties (not all the time, more's the pity). I'd hide
behind the table and snarf it up. Mmm-mmm-mmm.

And tapioca. Good Stuff! And after it's cooked and still hot, stir in
some good quality dark chocolate chips. More Good Stuff. My daughter
and i like often had trouble waiting for it to cool :-) Guess i'll
have to get some, since she'll be in town for the summer.

I actually like the flavor of caviar and of tapioca. But i also enjoy
the mouth feel, and play with the little spheres a bit before i chew
them.

No, i'm not suggesting mixing caviar and tapioca :-P

Textures i don't like include tripe, flabby chicken skin, and
gristle. But i had a friend who, when we had chicken for dinner, left
nothing but a few bone splinters behind. She ate everything - gnawed
the gristle off the ends of the bones, then split all the bones and
sucked out the marrow (i don't mind marrow, but gristle, yuck).

Anahita