[Sca-cooks] Quince Paste

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat May 18 09:05:11 PDT 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002 09:49:29 -0600 Karen O <kareno at lewistown.net> wrote:

"I've found some recipe ideas using quince paste, where could I buy some?

"Remember I live in Rural Montana, ain't no ethnic part of a city this away  -- so I am looking for mail order/DOT com  sites."

Caointiarn

-------

I don't offhand know where you can mail-order quince paste, but:
1. it may be useful to know that the Spanish name is "dulce de membrillo".  (literally, "sweet of quince").
2. Some quince pastes are better than others.  When browsing in Hispanic grocery stores, I have seen some brands that contain artificial color, flavor, etc.  Look for one that contains only sugan and quince.
3. If you have trouble finding some at a decent price, let me know.  It's readily available here, and I can ship you some.  (I owe you a favor, anyway).

Brighid ni Chiarain