[Sca-cooks] Irish/Scottish cheese mixup

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun May 19 08:08:50 PDT 2002

We used to do that, too, when I was a child. We thought that was why
they were kind enough to invent toaster ovens...  But then, as an adult,
I discovered Raclette! That's what Grandfather was making... the Swiss
version of the dish!

You can actually get cheese called Raclette and I think others are used,
too, but I don't remember exactly what. It's now considered a campfire
dish in Switzerland and France, as I understand.  Hold the chunk of
cheese near the fire, scrape the wonderfully gooey stuff onto your
bread, eat with pickles, especially, I think, pickled onions. Wonderful...

Anne