[Sca-cooks] Re:various post

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 15:04:08 PDT 2002

--- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> Also sprach Elaine Koogler:
> >You are fortunate, indeed...and probably have a
> number of the folks on this
> >list drooling with envy...over the Shakespeare
> book.  I think someone said
> >that they found copies for upwards of $150!
> >
> >Kiri
>
> Gee. My copy was being sold/thrown out by the New
> York Public
> Library; I paid a dollar for it. And ditto for my
> Flower and
> Rosenbaum Apicius (different library, though).
>
> You can all hate me now ;-)
>
> Adamantius

Nah!  I picked up my copy a year after it was
published from Edward Hamilton Booksellers for $5.00
new.  I had never heard of the book and bought it
blind.  Boy, am I glad that I did!

I purchased a copy for one of my apprentices a couple
of months ago for $75.00.  Since I really love this
book, I think it was a real bargain.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.