[Sca-cooks] globetrotting

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon May 20 15:47:47 PDT 2002

> > . . . even though my French is not what it had been,
> > after not speaking it for almost 30 years.
>
>    And there, I think we have an explanation of why most folks in the US
>don't speak other languages - no chance to practise. >right now, but I have
>hope that the dream means that somewhere in my brain
>I've retained a vocabulary that would return if I were immersed in the
>language.)
>
>Rosine

Same here.  I know some sign language but lack of use makes my vocabulary
smaller and smaller.  Heck, I used to have so much fun 'overhearing'.  Need
to pick it back up tho, my hearing is getting worse and worse.  I read lips
ok, but that is habit.  I'd rather sign.  Make my friends work for a
conversation.
Olwen