[Sca-cooks] Re: Languages

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon May 20 22:19:23 PDT 2002

Good Gentles:

I read all these stories about how people learned various and sundry
languages and I guess I feel compelled to tell how my education in languages
other than English was truncated.  Pops was a career Marine and as a young
sprout he used to take me in to the unit.  I guess I became sort of a
moscot.  Well my education in colorful phases in multiple languages,
Japanese, Spanish, German and who knows what else was cut short when the
child proof latch was put on the gate in the yard.  Seems my mother was
quite surprised and my command of the invective when I at the age of 4 or so
cut loose while rattling that *%#&% gate.

Daniel Raoul