[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Regional Cuisines was new book?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue May 21 10:22:30 PDT 2002

 Regional Cuisines in Medieval Europe
-- edited by Melitta Weiss Adamson
The publisher is  Routledge which explains
Cloth  $85.00 (USA)  $127.95 (CAN)
Pub Date: 01/2002  Pages: 304 pages
ISBN: 0415929946

Hey, I even want to see this one before I spring
for that much!!!!

Routledge describes it as:
 Regional Cuisine in Medieval Europe explores the
 regional and interregional influences on food production
and consumption during the Middle Ages. Expert
 food historians provide detailed histories of the creation and
development of particular delicacies in six regions of
 medieval Europe-Britain, France, Italy, Sicily, Spain, and
the Low Countries.
Table of Contents
Introduction
Chapter 1:The Classical World Melitta Weiss Adamson
2. Medieval Britain Constance B. Hieatt
Chapter 3. Medieval France
A. Northern France Terence Scully
B. Southern France Carole Lambert
Chapter 4.  A. Medieval Italy Simon Varey
B. Medival Sicily Habeeb Salloum
 Chapter 5. Medieval Spain Rafael Chabran
Chapter 6. Medieval Germany Melitta Weiss Adamson
 The Low Countries in the Fifteenth and Sixteenth Centuries Johanna
Maria van Winter
   Bibliography

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis