[Sca-cooks] Anyone going to PA event? OT

Michelle Gilyeat mikeylou2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 17:04:50 PDT 2002

*twiddles thumbs*

I know where you're talking about.  Those are my stomping grounds.  I
grew up in New London (the township, not the town, 'cause well, the
town is soooo tiny).

Anyone who asks where I'm from, I tell them Southern Chester County.
Like they'd know where New London is, anyway.  Maybe West Grove, or
Avondale, or Oxford.

I used to take 896 from home to Lancaster to jump onto 30W to find my
way up to school.  Nice ride, messy if you get behind a buggy.  I do
need to get up to Strausburg at some point, haven't been there in
-ages-.  :)

Honestly, it's not as rural as it used to be.  As the farmers die
off, their children tend to sell the farm to developers, who then do
the usual thing and sell houses to people who leave the Philly &
Wilmington suburbs to live out in the "country".  Thankfully my mom's
family put oodles of provisions & restrictions on the farm property
to prevent a developer from turning it into a house farm.  I could go
on and on about this tidbit, but I'll stop here.

Unfortunately, I can't leave Baltimore this weekend.  I have to help
with something in the city on Saturday.  *sigh*

-Michelle

PS:  Nottingham is where the Herr's Potato Chip factory is.  It also
happens to be where I bought my car.

=====