Drive up ATM's OT, OOP (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Languages)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 22 03:41:36 PDT 2002

To be couth is to possess a high degree of sophistication or be refined,
obviously, so fair a lady as yourself is by definition "couth."

As for the, for the "flammable" "inflammable" business, the "in" is an
intensive prefix in Latin.  Both mean to set afire, but inflame is a
stronger expression of the word which is why it is commonly used when
discussing human passions.  In English usage for clarity when discussing the
burn characteristics of an item it is best to use the word flammable, as
inflammable may be misunderstood to mean nonflammable.

You are confusing the adverb "con" with the prefix "con-."  The adverb means
opposed while the prefix means come together.

Bear