OT OOP [Sca-cooks] Pigdin

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed May 22 09:09:11 PDT 2002

IIRC (it's been a number of years), em does mean "he", "i" does mean "is",
but "long long" is what actually means "crazy", and the "tru" is the
emphasis...I guess from our adverb, "truely".

The way most of the language works is that the words are either German or
English, but the sentence structure and some of the words come from
Melanesian...which is interesting as there is no real "Melanesian" language.
I forget how many different real languages there are in PNG, but it is in
excess of 100...but evidently the grammatical structure is the same/similar
in all.

Kiri