[Sca-cooks] was scroll for Edouard, now bread

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed May 22 10:59:42 PDT 2002

At 08:07 AM 5/22/02 EDT, you wrote:
>--
>>> lcm at efn.org writes:
>
>> . I could rinse my brush and take off to run errands- but I can't just up
>> and leave bread dough<<
>>
>> YOu can't?  hmm..when I make bread...a good part of the prep is "let stand
>> until....."  It's one of the good things about bread..it takes all day..but
>> you can do stuff while it rises! 8)
>>
>> Etain

Only if you are paying attention! I once got distracted with laundry or
something, and completely forgot about the bread. Came back into the
kitchen for something, and it had crawled out of the bowl, spread all over
the counter, creeped over the stovetop, and was oozing over onto the floor!
it took HOURS to clean up, and I wasn't able to salvage enough to actually
have bread!

I tend to layer things in the kitchen- make dish B while dish A is setting,
and things like that. I have to stay on task or I fall into a book or go
off to sew...

'Lainie the easily distrac- hey! Look at this! I forgot I had...