[Sca-cooks] globetrotting

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed May 22 15:10:50 PDT 2002

Edouard Who Is Not 'Lainie's Edouard replied to me with:
Quoted from Stefan li Rous - 5/21/02, 11:40 PM -0500:
>Avraham commented:
>> Of course, since Greek doesn't have
>> English's tendency to homophonous forms (does ANY other language?), phonetic
>> transliteration is usually orthographic.
>
>Speaking of translations... Avraham, what did you just say? In smaller
>words please, for us simple folks. sigh.

I think he said that since Greek (unlike English) doesn't have a screwy
spelling system, most Greek words are pronounced like they are spelled.
---------

Thank you. *That* explanation I understand. :-)

Stefan