[Sca-cooks] Pilaf

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu May 23 07:34:16 PDT 2002

The way I was taught to do pilaf was to sweat minced onions in butter, add
the rice, in the same pan, and coat the rice in the butter, but no
longer.  Too many folks colour the rice in the butter.  Blerfch.  Add
chicken stock, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, simmer till liquids are
gone.  Add fresh butter and mix in well.

Only one pan.

ANd then ya got to think that Pilaf doesn't much taste like rice anymore,
so what's the point? :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle (in transit)
Meridies