[Sca-cooks] Gunthar's adventures with lace

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu May 23 10:17:55 PDT 2002

> "Some people come to lace making class and learn to make lace. Others walk
away with a further appreciation of the art."
> Ain't that a wonderfully diplomatic way of telling me to stir the
> soup?
> Gunthar
> I hate ebil bobbins!

	Yes, a classic of diplomacy.  But she's very right. When folks show up for
Chorusters and say they don't sing (usually they're there with someone who
does), I say that performers can't perform without an appreciative audience.
If they pay attention to what's happening and provide applause, comments,
laughter, whatever, that is the kind of feedback we need to fine-tune our
performances. Art and artists would be much less productive if there were no
one to appreciate them!
	Congratulations on bravely trying a new art, and think how impressed you'll
be the next time you wear a shirt with lace at the neck or cuffs!  (Besides
which, all the lacemakers in Belgium go blind from their efforts!)
	Christianna