[Sca-cooks] how to cook a car?

Jane Williams jane at williams.nildram.co.uk
Fri May 24 11:11:27 PDT 2002

Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote :
> >>You know when you buy a car, and it's sort of congenitally inferior?
> >>It can never really be fixed, because every time you fix a problem a
> >>new problem arises? One that _will_ never be 100%, no matter what you
> >>do, no matter how much you spend?
> >>
> >>You know what you get when you have two such cars collide, head-on,
> >>at 98 m.p.h.?
> >>
> >>Hint: a non-alcoholic beverage sometimes still found in the U.K.

> >And a nice cold lemon squash?

> Yep. There I was, standing in the middle of Madison Avenue, thinking
> about the awful "humor" of this thread... and then it hit me...

Not at 98 mph, I hope?

There's an alternative answer that might be even worse. We have a dish called "bangers and mash", involving sausages and mashed potato. Make it from the appropriate brand of instant potato and it would of course be "bangers and Smash".

(Jane, stop making bad puns and go and do some work, NOW!)