[Sca-cooks] Period cooking and camping

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Fri May 24 08:57:40 PDT 2002

Kristianne asked:
>Thanks for the links, as much as I crawl through the florilegium I never
>find everything as easily as when you happily provide links.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm never sure whether anyone actually
uses the links to the various Florilegium files I post here or
whether I'm just using up my time and the list's bandwidth.

Of course, if you or anyone else has some suggestions on how I
can make the Florilegium easier to use, I will certainly listen.
Since I do not know how folks use the Florilegium, I may be
overlooking something because I use it a different way or are
a bit familar with it, having put the stuff in there in the
first place.

One suggestion I usually make is to download the complete filelist
which is available in most sections of the site. Print it out and
scan through that. This is often much easier than looking through
the multiple web index pages. You can also search the filelist
with a word processor. Currently the filelist is about 34 pages
when printed out. Unfortunately, the copy on the website is a
few weeks out of date. I also can send a current copy by email.

>I don't suppose you are a mundane librarian?

LOL! No, I'm an electronics engineer. In fact, my spelling
was rather bad in school. I remember one achievement test
where I made a 40 in spelling. But then the rest of my
scores were something in the 80s, a low 90s and about four
99s. Some of my teachers would probably freak out if they
realized I was now editing and correcting the spelling of
many messages going into the Florilegium. :-)

>I asked DH for one for Christmas <LOL>

You want a librarian for Christmas? I thought most women
wanted a knight in shining armor or some such.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net
(Off to the Steppes Warlord event this afternoon!)