[Sca-cooks] Elk, red deer, tomato, tomahto, doughnut, napkin (was OT OOP Taxonomy)

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri May 24 11:58:10 PDT 2002

I could buy from a local (where local is read to mean "within a two-hour
drive") farmer who sells red deer/elk cross venison, and just cover all
the bases that way. ;-)

The red deer  (which they also sell) is slightly cheaper than straight
elk, by about $3/lb, so if I do game meat at all, it will probably be
that. The dearth of hunters in the barony make it chancy to depend on the
luck of the hunt for a 12th Night feast.

And it's still Adamantius's fault.

Margaret

[snip]