[Sca-cooks] Elk, red deer, tomato, tomahto, doughnut, napkin (was OT OOP Taxonomy)

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri May 24 21:44:32 PDT 2002

> Oy vey, what a subject line.

There's a story behind it. The "doughnut, napkin" part is a family joke.

> Do you know if the red deer/elk crosses are sterile or can they breed.  If
> they are sterile, it's usually a good indicator of speciation.
>
> Bear

The web sites I have read say that red deer will breed with elk but not
with whitetail. At least one advertises breeding stock of pure red
deer, pure elk, and "everything in between", which suggests the crosses
are fertile.

So I could still rationalize elk for 12th Night. ;-)

And it's still all Adamantius's fault.

Margaret