[Sca-cooks] In the land of droughts and forest fires

Mary Denise Smith costumemag at costumemag.com
Tue May 28 14:51:56 PDT 2002

Mirhaxa and a few others of us from this list spent the weekend at an
event near Albuquerque. At least SHE got to go home at night!

When I looked out my south-facing window a few hours ago, the land I
drove past yesterday on the way home was in flames. The place is called
"Crazy French Ranch", and sits on the Colorado/New Mexico border at the
top of Raton Pass.

It is about 20 miles from me, and is all wilderness. So now the elk and
the deer and the bears that are so hard pressed from the drought will
have to deal with many square miles of their habitat being gone.

Sigh,

MD/Marged