[Sca-cooks] Face it- we're ALL Ruled by Cooks!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu May 30 20:54:48 PDT 2002

At 08:33 PM 5/30/02 -0700, Selene wrote:

>"Harris Mark.S-rsve60" wrote:
>> Luckily most Crown Princesses have already met the requirements
>> needed for an AoA, before they enter Crown Tournament.  If they
>> haven't, then they should probably not be entered in the Crown
>> Tournament. But that is not a requirement.
>
>Interkingdom Anthro:  it is here.  To be a Combatant OR CONSORT in Crown
>Lists, one must be a paying member, attend a certain minimum number of
>events in the preceding six months, have name and device at least
>submitted to the College of Heralds.
>
>Selene, Caid

But it is not a requirement that one have an actual AoA, yes?

In some places there are specific ideas of what needs to be met to get an
AoA. In spme places, you need to show a pulse.

However, the original point (I think) was that it is somewhat redundant to
suddenly say "Oops! Princess Frog-lips doesn't have an AoA, and she's about
to be Queen- we can't have that happen!" or "Squire Headbanger doesn't has
a white belt- surely we can't enthrone him without one!" Why- when they
will have the highest precedence in the land for six months, and after are
handed a Patent of Arms, which way outranks an AoA. I just think it's silly.

Eighteen years ago, I got a GED. I now have a Bachelors Degree from the UO.
And half of an MA, but that's neither here nor there. Does the GED really
matter anymore? Did the University suddenly say "Oops! You have to have a
highschool diploma before we can give you this BA which you worked on for
five years" (and with a GPA of 3.46, I might add- not bad for a single
mom). Nope- it was meaningless in light of what I had done at a higher level.

I think the desire to retroactively give awards comes from the scout-badge
mentality that creeps up all too often- can't have A until you have B, and
so on. And when someone skips a step...

Bother, says 'Lainie-pooh. Think I'll go back to my beadwork.