[Sca-cooks] rats

Shannon Malone thegoatinthegarden at lycos.com
Fri Nov 1 08:51:20 PST 2002

Greetings,

I don't remember who posted it, but I wanted to thank you for the recipe for rats on a stick.

Last night for our Halloween dinner I scaled down the rat recipe and made tails out of half cooked fettucine covered with meat instead of putting them on a stick.  I served it with hedgehogs (no casings) on a bed of wilted greens with a little bit of rice thrown in to make it look like garbage and maggots.  It went over really well.  The rat tails came out crunchy and very tasty.  All this was served with a sauce of reduced port and citrus with pulp and pomagranate seeds added at the end for texture.

We liked it so much that next year we've decided to do it again but we will make mice instead of rats, and a whole plate of rat tails.

Meadhbh/Shannon