[Sca-cooks] colours of belts etc

Carol Eskesen Smith BrekkeFranksdottir at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 1 19:53:13 PST 2002

Actually, I've simply added purple to the list in honor of the "fourth peerage".  People will remember knights (red), laurels (green), and pelicans (yellow), but never remember the royal peers (purple; it's a reserved dye, and we still wiped out the Murex mollusk).  And in the East, at least, we are peers...  Was wondering who'd ask.
Picture a double-woven belt (green and yellow) with stripes of the other colors showing on both sides...  Haven't handed any out, though.
Regards,
Brekke Franksdottir, OR, OP, OL  (And "Hey, YOU!" when working in a kitchen)