[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest/wartime honey

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Thu Nov 7 16:40:47 PST 2002

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 17:16:01 -0600 sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org
writes:

> Message: 14
> Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:23:23 -0800
> From: Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net>
> To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] OT 1940's House
> I'm getting nowhere trying to find anything online about wartime
> honey
> substitutes.  Will see if MFK Fisher or Alice B. Toklas had anything
> in their
> cookbooks of that time period on the subject.

   The family had the lady who created the recipe to tea.  Her initials
were M P (I think on the 'P').  The narrator stated that she had been
instrumental in creating substitutions for the war effort.  I did not
recognize her name, but (I missed this segment) she was the person to
introduce the family to their house.

  Elizabeth