[Sca-cooks] Brown Glop

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 12 08:10:09 PST 2002

>It should be noted that Cariadoc is more or less a _supporter_ of
>brown glop. "Vegan brown glop" is merely a subset.
>
>Adamantius

At the Cooking Competition this past weekend, one of the groceries given to
the teams was oxtails. I took the oxtails, browned them in olive oil with
garlic,
shallots and some herbs. Then added water, beet tops, parsnips, salt and
pepper, and a bit of grated lemon peel. I braised this for around three
hours.
Took out the oxtails, minced the meat, did a coarse puree of the vegetables,
then added a handful of farina and some fresh green peas. Let it simmer for
another hour while skimming the fat.

The result was some of the tastiest brown glop I've ever had.

And we won't even get into the Pepto Bismol borscht.

Gunthar