[Sca-cooks] ASpic

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Wed Nov 13 07:06:01 PST 2002

There is alway Agar-agar, or Kanten which is a seaweed based gelatine and
vegan. I think if you have iodine issues you should avoid it [i vaguely
remember reading that somewhere about 10 years ago.]

It even sets up at room temperature. I have made it part of the pensic
load-out for the past few years.

margali

the quote starts here:
I guess I've only had the soft tofu. Which was the reason for my
comment about jello.
Hmmm. "Jello" is based on aspic and similar jelly dishes. I assume
aspic dishes would be unwelcome to all (some?) of the vegetarians
as well. Could this tofu be made more liquid to resemble aspic? Or
perhaps if you made the tofu, make it intentionally thinner? Or is
there another, better substitute?