[Sca-cooks] Actual Historic Feast Menus

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 13 15:33:57 PST 2002

I made a comment in a previous post that most of the "period" *menus*
i've seen are rather meat heavy (i recall on that had 4 or 5 meat
dishes per course, and IIRC, there were 10 courses, and, again IIRC,
there are about 3 or 4 vegetable dishes in the feast - I will look
for this if someone wants.

Anyway, my memory is limited. I'm sure there are more menus than i
have looked at.

What complete or fairly complete menus are out there for us to study?

What historic menus have people based feasts on?

Include sources, please. My library is pretty good, but i don't
remember everything i've read. And there are doubtless good sources i
haven't seen...

Anahita