[Sca-cooks] Food Network and Master A's nightmare

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 08:51:55 PST 2002

Last night, while flipping through the channels, I tripped across "Food
Fantasy" on
Food TV. This was the glorious one with the couple who wanted to be "Lord
and Lady"
for an evening. If you don't remember, Food Network contacted Master
Adamantius
and asked for assistance. But it turns out that "assistance" had more to do
with
getting constumed characters than anything to do with food. They had a
German
chef who created his own dishes.

The entire episode made me cringe. From the bad costumes to the food to the
blatent
anachronisims. And the funny thing was that I watched this with Selene. As I
was
wailing at the food, the costumes and the bad acting or general attitudes of
the
people, she was cringing at the fight scene, the garb and the fact they were
playing
Beethoven on a lute.

Heh. Different tastes and both wanted to crawl under the couch.

On a totally different note, has anyone else watched Al Roker's visit to an
1820's
recreation village? Very cool. Some nice info and they even did the
"Spinning Chickens"
thing with turkey. I intend to do that at Estrella this year.

Gunthar