[Sca-cooks] spinning chickens

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 21 21:55:34 PST 2002

> "Spinning chickens thing?" Why does that strike this ignorant peasant as
> a Stooooopid Peer Trick?
> --maire (ignorant peasant & non-t.v. watcher) (well, non-cable or
> satellite)
This is an interesting chicken cooking technique which has been

discussed here several times.  I've not tried it yet, mainly because
cooking for just my wife and myself it is difficult to justify making
a fire, but it sounds interesting and someday I want to try this.

Basically you hang the chicken near the fire from a string and wind
the string up so that the chicken revolves one way as the string
unwinds and then winds up and then unwinds going the opposite direction,
etc.

See this file for more details on this:

chicken-msg      (155K) 11/21/01    Period and SCA chicken recipes.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/chicken-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com