[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP- More Googling yourself...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Nov 24 12:23:11 PST 2002

Just for kicks, I Googled my kids' names- didn't hit any actual links (give
Annie a little time...) but I did find that some guy with the same name as
my son is a very well-published physicist...

Googled my brother the philosopher, and came up with a bunch of his work,
as well as links to his current firm. And...

...links to things about his namesake, our great-uncle Johann Klaassen, who
was a conscientious objector in WWI (Mennonite). Some of the links were
things my brother has written about him, some were not. And then I saw a
link with my great-grandfather's name on it. Definitely him- b 1860, d
1934. Same info for birthplace in south Russia, etc.

It felt really weird, like seeing a ghost.

Has anyone else done anything like that? Is it as weird as it feels to me?

Really wish there were pictures too...

'Lainie
-in full chore-avoidance mode. Laundry :-P