[Sca-cooks] Re: Time fantasy article/wedgies

Margaret Rendell m_rendell at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 28 21:15:01 PST 2002

I've got to ask...although I never thought my first post to this list
would be about underpants gone feral.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway
wrote

> While out shopping at 8 am this morning to avoid crowds later,
> I noticed that the Dec 2nd issue of Time magazine was devoted to the new
> Two Towers movie.

On reading the Time article, I came across the following sentence:

"Tolkien inspired an American insurance salesman named Gary Gygax to
quit his job and create Dungeons and Dragons, the fantasy role-playing
game that launched a million junior high school wedgies."

Does 'wedgies' mean the same in the US that it does here?

Margaret Rendell
Emma de Lastone
Canton of Krae Glas, Stormhold, Lochac.