[Sca-cooks] Questionable Kitchen Tool (oop)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 1 18:52:36 PST 2002

Stefan li Rous wrote:>>

> >> Why do they poach your apprentices? Are they a bit much on the raw
> >> side? And how long do you leave them in the boiling water?
> >
> > For the length of time that it takes to say a Credo.
>
> For you, or them, to say the Credo? And as we've just discussed, *which*
> credo?
>
> If it must be in Latin, does this mean that that the squire
>
> and protoge cook longer than the apprentice?

We're in Altavia, where we have a bonny Latin teacher as our A&S officer.
We probably do say it in Latin.

A page of Catholic prayers in Latin:
http://www.assumptionchurch.homestead.com/latinprayers.html

The next time I find a stopwatch, I will find out exactly how long
it takes me to say the Credo, Pater Noster, etc. in Latin.  I'm
assuming a dignified intelligible pace.

Selene Colfox