[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Zabaglione

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Sun Nov 3 09:12:22 PST 2002

> Only if my husband is not one of them. He adores zabaglione. However,
> there is a slight problem--he's allergic to grapes, or perhaps something
> on the grape skins, and it triggers his asthma. [After the third or fourth
> Seder where they had to rush him to the emergency room, they finally made
> 2+2=4.]
>
> Is there something I could use that is not grape-based to make zabaglione,
> or is he just out of luck?

Are you sure it's the grapes, and not the sulfites that are commonly found
in commercial wines? Sulfites are a frequent allergic trigger.

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: No, it isn't fair. Neither were the Middle Ages. (And once you
accept that, life in the SCA gets a lot easier and makes much more sense.) -
Steffan ap Kennydd, "Silverwing's Laws"