[Sca-cooks] colours of belts etc

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 3 21:03:38 PST 2002

Brekke commented:
> NONE of them is "reserved"  (I never said they were, did I?) - but don't te=
> ll a squire that!  (Red is theirs, and theirs alone, and anything even vagu=
> ely whitish is "off limits" to all but knights.  Just ask them.  Or try wea=
> ring an off-white belt.)

Yep. Sigh. My first belt I made for the SCA was a reddish-brown belt. After
a number of comments from various squires, I dyed it with a dark-brown
dye. I still have that belt, 13 years later. Some of you have probably
seen it. Maybe it *is* time for a new one. One with some pewter castings
on it. Maybe a belt end with my device on it.

However, I was new to the SCA then. Now, I'm not. And I'm a bit more

cantankerous. I suspect that now-a-days I would just tell them "red"
is not a reserved color and perhaps go find some red leather dye.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com