[Sca-cooks] colours of belts etc

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Mon Nov 4 03:56:48 PST 2002

> >it.....well, that and the fair skin, and the freckles....
>
> Fair skin and freckles weren't patented by the celts- my skin comes from
my
> mom's side- from the Remleys (spelled Remleigh in the Domesday), one of
> whom supposedly was leaning over the side of one of William the Bastard's
> boats, puking. Normans. All of them. And the Anglo-Norman bloodline has a
> good steady strain of red/sandy hair, and skin that burns at the drop of a
> neckline. My girls lucked out and got skin that tans. My son has lovely
> blond curls with a sheen of red, bright blue eyes and ivory skin and
> freckles. And he blushes. Poor kid...

And please recall the redheaded strain amongst the Ashkenazim. For all the
blather about fair-skinned Irish and Scandinavians, remember that many Slavs
are equally fairskinned. I burn if you look at me crosseyed. Pretty much
anyone who's ancestry can be traced to the top of Europe is likely to be
fair.

Avraham