[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Zabaglione

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 4 09:04:22 PST 2002

On topic:  I must concur with the earlier comment about the allergy possibly
being the sulfites rather than the grapes themselves.  Kosher wines seem to have
sulfites, although  I find a web page mentioning a Kosher wine without
sulfites:  http://www.g-rafi-x.com/static/1/kedemwines/korner.htm>  "Kedem
introduces the world's first Sulfite-free Kosher wine, its Ruby-Red Concord.
Delicious by any standard."  Perhaps the gentleman in question should try it and
let us know how it goes.  For that matter, I'll try it too.  I had a bad spell
after sipping my favorite sherry a few weeks ago, darn the luck.

> > There was this bowl of cioppino the other night... it arrived with a
> > crawfish on the edge of the bowl- he looked like he was trying to crawl
> out
> > and he was staring at me. It did put me off a bit...
> >
> > 'Lainie

Hey, that must have been my dad's recipe!  Once on a time, about a decade ago,
Dad was
making his family-famous cioppino and he and I were in the kitchen.  He was
dishing out the first bowl for me, when a crab's leg rose out of the soup and
hooked over the ladle.  Dad tugged.  The crab's leg tugged back.  Dad lifted the
crab leg out of the soup and we looked at each other.  "Nobody is going to
believe this..."

I will have to accept all accusations of "spoon tease" at this point since I
intend to enter the Gilroy Garlic Festival Cooking Contest" some day in the near
future with this recipe.  I just want to win this coveted contest and let the
Laurels chew on that!  Top that!  Ha!  Yay Boo!

Selene Colfox, pelican on the Rock