[Sca-cooks] Witch Finger/Almond Shortbread cookies

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 4 15:17:21 PST 2002

Ciorstan wrote:
>Oh, and there's politically correct variants-- dye some of the dough
>with cocoa powder and use black icing for the manicure.

I fail to see how acknowledging the fact that humans come in a
variety of skin tones is "politically correct". My friends come in a
range of colors and ethnicities. To acknowledge this is not
"political correctness" but just plain factual. We are not all
Caucasians. In fact, there are fewer "pastry" pale Caucasians in the
world than there are many other shades of humans.

I know i am not "pastry" colored.

That's like saying that wheelchair ramps/cut downs in sidewalk curbs
are "politically correct". Just ask someone who needs one. They
aren't "politically correct", they're a reasonable and useful
solution to a genuine problem. We have them here in California and
they benefit anyone using a wheeled conveyance, not just wheelchair
users.

Sorry (or not so sorry), but that really seemed to me to be a
gratuitous use of "politically correct". If you make these cookies
for an office, classroom, or party that included a variety of human
colors, why is this anything other than perfectly reasonable? (and
what about some saffron-colored and -flavored cookies?)

Anahita
who just naturally has witch's fingers