[Sca-cooks] (OT) Weird Internet thing

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Wed Nov 6 10:45:34 PST 2002

   I just got a message, out of the blue, from a retired nurse who was
looking for a recipe for panzit. She said she knew I didn't "know her from a
hole in the ground", but that she found my email address while on a website
search that mentioned that I knew how to make lumpia. Danged if I can figure
out how or where she was looking...
   The good news is that I did have a recipe from over 20 years ago (written
down in a marathon cooking session of international-importance. Young bride
from Phillipines was stressing because Thanksgiving was coming up and she
didn't know how to cook "the right dinner" for her American husband. She
taught me a few of her favorite dishes in return). But - the Internet is
just strange. How could that RN have skipped all those recipes via Google's
search function to find some hidden reference to me? And only "lumpia". I
know I've never mentioned that I had a panzit recipe. Weird.
   I hope she likes it.

Rosine