[Sca-cooks] Apologies to all Laurels, Gays, Dancers, and decorators

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 8 09:36:23 PST 2002

>So, Gunthar, while most of us know you meant no disrespect to those who are
>gay, please understand that many folks are very sensitive about
>stereotypes-
>gays really do do other things than become hairdressers or decorators-

>Phlip

And stick-jocks are all dumb 300lb rhinos.  Or if you grew up in Oklahoma
you're
a yokel, or...etc...

There are stereotypes everywhere for everyone. I think the main thing is how
they are used by others. Master Rhodri is everything you imagine when you
hear
the words "gay dance Laurel" and also one of my best friends. There have
been
gay people I totally adore and gay people I totally despise. Why? Because I
couldn't
care less about their orientation. But if I were talking about an enforcer
squad and
described one of my deputies as a "big stickjock", then a probably accurate
image of
a 300lb brute would come to mind. I'm not saying that all stickjocks are
300lb brutes,
but in the reference it would be appropriate. The same way I've heard
someone be
referred to as "a Jewish Lawyer" was meant as a compliment about his
tenacity.

Believe me, no disrespect was meant to anyone. And please take this offline
if you
have anything more to say.

Gunthar