[Sca-cooks] (OT) Weird Internet thing

Bonne de Traquair oftraquair at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 8 10:48:57 PST 2002

I did a google search of my given name, learning of
half a dozen women with the same name who find
themselves regularly written up in newspapers.  One is
a famous surgeon type, and a couple are activist types
for varying interests and various levels of local or
national celebrity.  Others were grad students with
their papers and CV's on-line as part of their
coursework/job search.  I was in a a depressed state
at the time, discovering all these more dedicated and
successful doppelgangers was  discouraging!

3 or 4 live in the SoCal area, and I considered
attempting to gather us for a meeting, but decided
they'd think I was dangerously odd and didn't do it.

Bonne