[Sca-cooks] Apologies to all Laurels, Gays, Dancers, anddecorators

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Nov 8 12:26:52 PST 2002

Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:

[snip]

> Right now though I *am* heading home with a bad
> cough and no recourse to go to the doctor because
> health insurance has f*cked me over.  And it wasn't
> even pleasant...  <grin>

[snip]

Hmmmmm, that reminds me ...

<warning humor OT>

Long ago, I heard this on a recording from a live
performance ...

"Good afternoon, ladies ... and gentleman ... and
others"

"What I mean is that some of you have brought  ...
friends."

She goes on to explain that she does not usually do
the introduction of artist ... that is the job of the
chairperson of the Arts subcommittee who cannot be
present today

" ... she's been in bed all week with the doctor."

... and then, after the laughter dies down, and
continues with ...

"I think you're simply horrid, she's having a terrible
time!"

<warning documentation>