[Sca-cooks] Betan earrings, was Apologies to all Laurels,Gays, Dancers, and decorators

P. A. Stonnell hlisobel at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 8 13:53:40 PST 2002

At 09:55 AM 08/11/02 -0800, you wrote:
>on 11/8/02 9:28 AM, Kirsten Houseknecht at kirsten at fabricdragon.com wrote:
>
>> i am afraid i am one of the clueless.......
>
>    Not the only one.    It's been a running joke that I tend to completely
>overlook when someone is interested in me until they actually *tell* me of
>that interest.     My default is to assume they're just being friendly.

Me too.  And I'm shy at times, so I have have a hard time starting to talk to
anyone I don't know well (I know, how did I meet them in the first place, let
me tell you, it was hard, and it took time and I have an easier time making
friends with other ladies and it is just being friends).

>    There are times I really, really wish someone would codify a Betan-style
>earring code......

Yep, sounds like a real good idea.  I'm also in favour of good, old fashioned
matchmakers, at least to make introductions and get pairs started.  Where they
go from there is up to them, but at least both know the other is interested
in
the possiblity.

Isobel fitz Gilbert, off in search of info on those earrings.