[Sca-cooks] Re: Vegetarian politics aside.....

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Tue Nov 12 07:00:24 PST 2002

Barbara Benson wrote:

> <philip> I did, however, have an idea for a modern
>  "illusion food" for those who would like their
> > plate to look like that of the person next to them

[snip]

> Greetings,
>
> Watching a great deal of modern FoodTV as I am wont
> to do, I have come across many recipies for catering
> to vegitarians.

You reminded me of a Bar Mitzvah where spaghetti with
clam sauce was served.  Since I was curious, I asked the
caterer about it.  He replied, with an enormous smile,
"Perch."

> In Sabina Welserin there is a recipie for ...

[snip]

> > I can't see why you couldn't just do a spinach version.

... or just one without this ... or that ...

All in one feast?  What if I didn't have enough pots,
or containers to hold the special servings, ... ?

This is something that, if it is to be done right, we
would need to have a special meals cook who would be
cooking a different meal for each of several people.

> As far as your faux chicken leg idea, again you have
> to be careful. One of my sister's friends would
> consistantly grill our waiters when we went out to eat.

Grilled waiter???

I thought this thread was about Vegetarian recipes?

[snip]

> Glad Tidings,
> Serena da Riva

Vincenzo