[Sca-cooks] reheating Rice

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Nov 12 16:08:38 PST 2002

At 06:43 PM 11/12/2002, you wrote:
>So, incase I was thinking about re-heating large quantities or rice, how
>would I do that safely?

Well...  If you keep in mind a four hour "safety" zone, you have to make
sure that your food, including the rice does not sit in the danger zone for
more than that four hours, including cooling down and re-warming, and holding.

So, once cooked, you have to cool down the rice as fast as possible, then
keep it cold, then re-warm it as fast as possible, then not keep it warmish
for a while.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies