[Sca-cooks] buying meat was vegetarian

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Nov 12 17:15:32 PST 2002

I would guess that if you monitored the farm markets and forecasts the
words drought and no winter feed would be appearing. The weather
forecats are not showing much improvement so there's been another
sell-off. Also the soybean crop is a disaster for much of the country
and I am informed that South America will outproduce the US in soybeans
this year. I know my farm income will be cut in half for at least the
next two years.

As for cheaper vegetables and fruits, I'd investigate the city markets
that open at 4 am and close by 9. Those sometimes have all the bargains,
especially if you want to buy 50 or 60 pounds in a box and transport
them yourself.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis