Tofu was Re: [Sca-cooks] vegetarian

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Tue Nov 12 20:11:27 PST 2002

the soft stuff (also the "silken") is very ..uh. custardy. i dont know if
you could make an aspic out of it, but it wouldnt surprise me.  it is a
great addition to soups as a thickener.. or as a dressing or dip...

the Firm, or (my preference) Very Firm tofu...... has a VERY different
texture. more like a cheese? a not too hard cheese, but much more solid than
the silken stuff.  i use it instead of meat in my stir fry and related
cooking.

TVP is not a tofu product (not always a soy product) and in my experience
has a texture like finely ground beef.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."